Tuesday, October 27, 2009

This post will have no pictures......

I just got home from the Apple store in St. Louis. They gave me the wonderful news that my hard drive is gone. Along with it, everything on my computer. Yes, your first thought is correct. The pictures are gone. I backed up all my digital photos about a year ago and have been meaning to get around to it again. So, that means, one year's worth are GONE.

The thing that makes this even harder to swallow is that my computer was only 2 years old, a beautiful little white MacBook that came loaded with Time Machine. You've heard of it, right? It's that cool thing that allows you to back up your entire computer on a schedule and restore it to its original state if your hard drive ever blows up. Well, that was the other thing I'd been meaning to get to--utilizing Time Machine. You see, I own an external hard drive, but it's full of digital scrapbooking pages and elements. Pretty full. So I was thinking those things were more important than my pictures and I was getting around to purchasing another one to use for my Time Machine backups.

Yep--just getting around to it--like NEVER.

So....I'm feeling a fire boiling up inside me a little stressed about life in general right now between Michael's broken toe/croup/breathing treatment/antibiotic snafu and now the impacted poop that had to be enema'd out at the hospital. I won't mention my diflucan/z-pack illness predicament Suffice it to say we've had some activity around here that I've handled just fine, even with the computer meltdown. I did tell Chris last night that it was a good thing that Dancing with the Stars taped on the DVR while we were at the hospital. Talk about coming unglued.

That's enough for now, I'd say.



1 comment:

Heather said...

Awwww. I'm sorry Jenni. That sounds like a pretty bad combo of events. We got a new computer (a Mac) a few months ago and got the time machine backup...so glad we did, even though I still get nervous about loosing pics! I hope this week turns around for you!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker