Friday, October 2, 2009

Motivation

Whoa--I am embarrassed. Has it really been 8 months since I last updated my blog? That is ridiculous. A couple of my friends have almost been as bad as me. I say "almost" though. They haven't gone 8 months. Anyway--these two people have motivated me to update my blog once a week. I think I can do it.

I'm also going to try something new. Instead of just talking about us and what we're doing, I'll be adding in some useful information too. It might be a Bible verse or lesson that has really affected me lately, a recipe, a home organization tip, or even a random fact. Michael is memorizing various information as part of his schoolwork and most of it is put to a tune. We play these "songs" all throughout the day, especially in the car, which means I am memorizing them as well. I am learning just as much history as Michael is because I hated it when I was in school and now I am fascinated by it.

So, anyway--here goes. Wish me luck. I'm even thinking of turning it back public, especially since we just started fresh here in a new, undisclosed location!!

So, what did we do this week?

Michael fell while hopping down the stairs. He broke his left pinky toe at the growth plate, so we had to go to the pediatrician, then outpatient x-ray, then the orthopedic doctor. I discovered through all of this that Michael vomits when he has a broken toe and is extremely nervous. So, we used this about 8 times on Tuesday.



Now we have this:


and I no longer have to carry him, watch him crawl/hop on one leg, or maximize the weight capacity on Cal's umbrella stroller just to get him from one place to the next. He thinks he has a robot leg and is compliant to wear it. I am extremely happy.

I am also on a mission to organize my recipes into this book. I'm going to put my most loved ones in here. I've already made a spreadsheet with all of them, so when I'm meal planning I just pick from the list. Right now all the recipes are in about 10 different places, so this will be a huge time saver to have them in one spot. I'm basically going to copy this idea, except I'm going to try to have around 45 meals instead. No, I'm not trying to be overly ambitious, I already have that many on my spreadsheet.


Now to finish for today. Just a cute pic of Cal with his playmobil pirates.


Have a great weekend. I promise I'll be back soon!!


1 comment:

Dee in Oklahoma said...

Motivation...that is the key to it all. How the heck are you Jenni?
The boys are growing like the weeds in my flower bed...LOL.
It is great to see how you are doing..sounds like you are very busy. Hope you update more often..love hearing about you and your great family. Hugs, Dee 8^)

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker