Friday, October 9, 2009

Giving In to Good Changes

Well, hello there people!

It's been a dreary two days here. It's dinnertime on Friday night. I've made an old recipe that I remembered us really enjoying, but now I'm not so sure. I guess we'll see. It's still dreary, getting cold enough in the house that I could almost be convinced to turn on the heat, but I won't. There's something about turning on the heat that I don't like. I can't explain it--it's not that I love summer so much--quite the opposite. But I can't bring myself to turn it on just yet.

I also cannot stop eating these Pringles Bold Bites (zesty parmesan flavor) chips that Chris brought home just now. I stop typing after every couple of sentences just to eat another one. Maybe I won't be hungry for my so so dinner.

So......I just have to share this. I would consider myself to be gifted in the home organization area. I thrive on charts and schedules for home management. I also have a computerized grocery list organized by aisle for the store I shop in. I have most things that I purchase on the list and highlight what I need. I feel pretty satisfied with how I keep our home organized and running, but there is always room for improvement. I HATE to clean. I came up with a cleaning schedule for the entire week, so I only have to do a few things each day, but I hate even doing that. I'm sure many of you have heard of the FLY Lady. I have always wanted to follow her ways, but her "ways" are on the internet and I don't like reading page after page of stuff on the computer. Imagine my delight when I ran across this. An actual book I can hold in my hand, and read, and follow.

This book is written for people who have disastrous houses. Houses so full of clutter that they can't even clean around it. If you are one of these people and you have just given up--this book is for you. It will change your life (and I don't ever say that). You are probably wondering why I was so excited by this book if I feel like I'm holding down the fort okay over here, right? It's because if I follow her ways, I only have to clean for 1 hour on one day and 15 minutes all the other days AND I get Saturday and Sunday off. Including laundry. There are some things she says you have to do. When I first started reading about her ideas on the internet, I thought I could skip those things--like shining my sink, making a control journal, putting on shoes. Once I bought the book, I decided I was going all out. It's gone well. I like it. She says I'll never have to "spring clean" again and I believe her! Except I did it all in my cute heart slippers.

Just so you have some pics to enjoy--here are two of the boys doing this week's science experiment: geodesic design using marshmallows and toothpicks.




I also got my hair highlighted twice this week--but that's another story. Have a good weekend--we've got a long one!

3 comments:

Only on Monday said...

ohhh i may have to get that book! My turn for copying :)

amy said...

Good to see you blogging again my friend!

FHL said...

Oh dear, does one have a cleaning/organizing illness if they want that book! Because I SOOOO want a copy! :o)

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker