Saturday, May 24, 2008

Sewing Frenzy





Here are some pictures of some of my most recent projects.  The orange/brown/green bag is from a pattern called the "Happy Bag".  I was not really so happy while I was sewing it--it was a lot of work.  It was worth it because it is really cute and unique, but phew!  My mom and I bought fabric to make two of these--one for her and one for me.  Hers is supposed to be her Mother's Day gift but I was so exhausted after making mine that she hasn't gotten hers yet.  After sewing a couple other projects, I am happy to say I am ready to make hers now.
The other bag is from an Amy Butler pattern called the "In Town Bags".  It was super easy, required tiny amounts of fabric, and took me about an hour to make.  
The skirt is the "Barcelona Skirt" from Amy Butler.  This is the first clothing item I've ever made other than nursing scrub tops.  This has a hidden zipper in the back and was my first zipper.  It turned out just right.  It's hard to see the details in the skirt, but it has these really cute frayed edges all down it--it's not just one piece.

No comments:

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker