Friday, November 20, 2009

Only 4 Hours of Sleep

I went to see New Moon last night at midnight with 4 of my girlfriends---it was so good. I can't even do it justice by talking about it, so I'll be brief. They did a much better job of portraying some of the underlying emotions between Edward, Bella, and Jacob this time around. The werewolves are MUCH larger than what I imagined when reading the books. The Volturi are mesmerizing and Edward was at his best in the scene with them where he was wearing this blood red robe--it was a delight to say the least. Okay, enough.



This was the start of my favorite part of the movie--and there is that red robe.

Okay, so on a lighter note. I almost feel like these two topics shouldn't even go together. Well, anyway.

I am starting a new tradition this Christmas. I went to the library and let the boys pick out 24 Christmas books. We got an assortment--reindeer, snowmen, Santa, and Baby Jesus. We are going to put them in a big basket by their rooms and starting on December 1, we will read one book per night, slowly emptying the basket, and letting this be our "countdown to Christmas". I have seen where some people wrap each book in Christmas paper so the kids get the thrill of unwrapping the gift and being surprised by which one it is. I am considering doing this, but am trying to weigh the effort versus the enjoyment--hard to say. Maybe it will get old opening them every night. I'll think about it for a while.

I also really want to make one of these.



1 comment:

Only on Monday said...

I'm so jealous! I have nobody to go see it with! Nate offered, but it just isn't the same. I love that wreath did you see directions somewhere? You know how I love to copy :)

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker