Friday, July 13, 2007

Disney World Vacation




Jenni, Amy, Dee Dee, Michael--you can see the anticipation on Michael's face


All of us with one of our guides, Raymond


Michael and Dee Dee on the Astro Orbiter


Michael Harris and Piglet


Michael and Pooh



after a long day at MGM


The first day at MGM


waiting to potentially get wet





The boys and I went on a two week trip while Chris was TDY to Georgia. First, we went to Disney World with 8 members of my family: my mom and dad, my aunt Amy, my Uncle Rickey and his wife Georgia and their three kids Melissa, Matthew, and Michael. After we had our fun at Disney, we went to visit my friends, Amy McCullough down in Tampa. We stayed with her about 5 days and then came home just in time for Daddy to arrive. Disney was wonderful. Other than vacation and fun, our primary reason for going to Disney was to take my cousin, Michael there before he has major heart surgery later this month. He had a twin brother, Mark, that passed away in October 2006 after heart surgery. They were born with pulmonary atresia and have been through many heart caths and surgeries. Michael has always had a better prognosis than Mark, but even still, we had him in a wheelchair all throughout Disney World. He gets very out of breath and tired if he exerts himself too much so it worked out great for him as far as not getting tired. It also worked out great for the rest of us because we never had to wait in line. Another great experience at Disney was during our day at the Magic Kingdom. When my dad's boss found out our reason for going to Disney, he made some phone calls that resulted in us having a VIP-guided day at the Magic Kingdom. We had two guides that were the nicest guys that took us everywhere--we never waited in line, never had to worry about where we were going--it was wonderful. I told Chris I'll never be able to go back to Disney because we were so spoiled this time around!!






But, the most important thing was that we were able to take my cousin, Michael, to Disney World before this major surgery and see all the magic and wonder in his eyes.

No comments:

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker